Potato croquettes (potato pops)
The recipe that I will give is that of a simple potato croquettes. Can be made of different sizes and to vary the ideas to fill them. Or not fill them. They may also have different shapes.
Today I made round shapes and put on sticks of brochette. This is to tempt Coquito, it is clear.
I called pope pops.
Pope pops is a name that I find somewhat snobbish.
Reminds Me of the cupcakes (I HATE cupcakes, muffins cipayas). But I decided to use it like. Because I realized that it is a name that hides a a grossness huge that it makes me a lot of grace.
Then figured that my potato croquettes were famous and in the receptions of the Ambassador, before the Ferrero Rocher, served pope pops.
And I, from my lair of evil full of tvs, I watched Madame Gonzalez say “Ex-qui-síiii-cough their pope, pops, Mr. Ambassador.” And I rubbed their hands thinking: you Are saying chupetín potato!, It morons!
To Coqui liked, by the way.
for a nice fuentecita
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 dash of milk
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 egg
- Garlic and parsley
- Bread crumbs
- Fresh cheese
How to make potato croquettes
my papa pops
1) Boil the potatoes and make a puree with butter and milk. Add salt and pepper. It has to be a puree is firm, so don't put a lot of milk. Refrigerá mashed all that you can, because you will gain firmness. It also serves a mash of the previous day, you always have the firmness ideal for these things (it was my case).
2) Beat the egg, salt and add the garlic and parsley.
3) With the puree is cold make small balls, cañoncitos or the way you want, placing in the center a piece of cheese, as seen in the photo. You can also add a little flour to the mashed potatoes, or an egg yolk to make them more firm. I like them without anything, because then are very soft. The secret is that the puree is well chilled.
4) Pass the balls through the egg and coat with bread crumbs. Repeat the operation for which they are well sealed on the outside.
5) Fry in hot oil, turning when browned on one side. The fry should be fast, because otherwise the croquettes will open, and out pops the cheese. So attenti, firm to the side of the pan all the time.
6) For the pope's pops, simply ensartá a stick until the half with care. I found it a very user-friendly, in addition to meetings of the high society, for a birthday child.
So are my potato croquettes
see what sonnnn